Leading the People of God in worship is more than merely a musical venture. It is also a venture of the heart. Here are some pointers for the “heart”, that innermost seat of the emotions and attitudes.
1. Members of the PT are committed followers of Jesus Christ whose main desire is to glorify God with their voices and instruments.
2. Members of the PT desire to work together with and in submission to the leadership of the church.
3. Members of the PT will seek to preserve a spirit of unity within their group.
4. Members of the PT will see themselves as partners in worship with the congregation.
5. Members of the PT will realize that success depends on the blessing of God on their endeavors and will ask God for his blessing on their work. They will remember to thank God when he answers their prayers.
6. Members of the PT will maintain an attitude of dependence on the Lord while they lead the congregation in praise and worship.
7. Members of the PT will maintain an attitude of humility toward God and others when success comes their way.